MY SEPTEMBER BEAUTY BAG REVIEWS!!!




The September Ipsy bag was great!  The bag design is simple yet sassy.  I love black already and the fact that this has small studs over it made me really happy. (:

The first item I got was the 'Skin Food Egg White Perfect Pore Cleansing Foam' which I have used a few times and love!  It smells...amazing.  I was not expecting it to but it did!  It's so fresh and floral.  When it comes out of the bottle, it's a creamy smooth consistency, but when you add water to it, it becomes more frothy and foamy.  I love this cleanser because it is super gentle on my skin and feels like it's really giving it a good clean without feeling too dry and squeaky.  If that makes any sense...lol

The next product I got was the 'Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Medium Angled Brush'.  This brush is really pretty!  If I could have all my brushes look like this I would.  The bristles are super soft and feel really nice on the lids.

The next item that came in my bag was the 'Adesse New York Organic Nail Lacquer in the shade Deception'.  I have a couple polishes from this brand and I actually really like the consistency!  I love grey tones when going into Fall too.  So far my polish is holding up well! (:

The next beauty item I got was the 'Elizabeth Mott POP goes the shadow in the shade Gunmetal'.  This is suchhh a pretty shade.  And like I said going into Fall, greys are always a must.  It has a really nice amount of metallic shimmer to it too which I love.  It is not too overpowering.  Nice to wear on top of a matte shade or if you're looking to achieve a smokey look.

Lastly I got the 'Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes...4 in 1 Mascara'.  I love getting mascaras in any beauty subscription bag/box because it is a must for anyone who wears makeup regularly.  I like trying different brands too because the bristles/brushes can all vary and apply differently too.  This Tarte one is awesome.  It is so volumizing and non-clumping.

Overall...I think September was a good month for my Ipsy bag.
What came in your bag?







I decided that one monthly beauty subscription service just wasn't enough.  I have heard and seen a lot about the Sephora Play and wanted to give it a shot!
This is very similar to Ipsy in the sense that they send you a little bag every month (even though I don't think they will be as cute) with 6 products at smaller/sampler sizes for $10.  One of the main differences is that with every bag you receive a little card with 50 bonus points towards your 'Beauty Insider' account with Sephora that you can take into the store and use when you purchase something.  Also I am pretty sure that everyone who is subscribed to the Play bag gets the same exact items?  Don't quote me on that...
This is the first bag I have gotten from this service so we will see how it lives up to other subscription brands/companies.

The first item that I got was the 'Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream'.  I applied this a couple times in the evening before I go to bed and I will be honest, it felt nice but I am not sure if it did anything?  I know with skincare it is very tricky to see a difference in anything if you haven't been using it for a while.  So I definitely want to keep trying this to see how it makes my skin feel and look.  Also, a tiny amount of this goes a very long way.

The next product that I got in my bag was the 'Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask'.  I actually already have this product in full size.  And I love it!  I will say that I have straight hair that is more on the fine side and the directions say to apply it from root to tip although I feel like I only should apply it to my ends.  Since my hair is fine and naturally straight, I don't need tons of moisture and I have noticed that if I apply too much onto my roots, they tend to look a bit too moisturized and oily.

The next beauty item I got was the 'Sephora Crayon Contour Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Black Lace'.  I don't wear eyeliner pencils too often but when I do I really want something that is going to stay in place or stay in my water line which a lot of them out there just run down my face or come off and I have to keep re-applying them.  This is such a high pigmented pencil that needs barely any pressure when applying and let me tell you...it really is waterproof.  So if you are a crier like me (LOL) or have naturally watery eyes, I highly recommend this to you!

Next up I got the 'Wander Beauty Dual Lipstick in the shade Wanderberry'.  This is so beautiful.  It is the perfect berry red toned lip for fall/winter.  It glides on the lips so nicely and has incredible pigment.  It's definitely more of a creamy matte that has some color transfer.  But overall, this is probably my favorite item in this bag!

The next item that came in my bag was the 'Touch in Sol Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter shadow Duo in the shade #3 Talia'.  Woah.  This is insanely pretty.  A little bit confusing to figure out how to apply it...but I am guessing that you apply a little bit of the liquid shimmer first and then the loose glitter over the top?  I applied some to my hand and then blotted it with my finger tip and it was stunning!  I totally picture wearing this around Christmas & New Years with the Wanderberry lipstick.  The color of the shadow is a silvery/champagne.

And lastly, I got the 'Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream'.  Similar to the Algenist cream I got...I don't notice much right away.  It smells clean and nice and feels good on my skin.  Once fully massaged into the skin it feels very light although it does make me skin look very youthful and bright!  I love Fresh as a brand because of what goes into their products and how much thought they put in.

And there you have it!  Sorry I am a little behind on these bag reviews...things have been a little busy around here.  But good busy. (:

Stay tuned for more posts!  Now that it is my favvvvve time of year, I look forward to posting more recipes and fun festive things.  Let me know if there is anything specific that you would like to see/read.

xoxox
C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!