10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

I am excited to be writing this post because I l o v e doing fun festive things this time of year and now that it is December...it's going to fly by.  And I would hate for it to be all over and I have not done anything fun!
Here are a few things you can do with your kids, lovers or friends this Holiday season that will for sure bring you some cheer!

1. Watch Christmas films!  I mean DUH!  There are tons of great movies out there to watch.  MY favorites are definitely the old 'claymation' classics like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer & Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  But there are others like ELF & Christmas with the Kranks that are hilarious.  Another great place to watch films like these is on ABC family.  They have a schedule for when they show certain films. (:

2. Look at Christmas lights.  This has a l w a y s been one of my favorite things to do during the holiday season ever since I was a little girl.  You can hop in the car and drive around.  You can either look online (like search in google) for the best places in your area that do crazy lights or we just go to the expensive neighborhoods with the BIG houses...they usually do awesome lights.  I would love to make a tradition with my family, when Ty and I have kids, to all get dressed up in Christmas PJs with some hot apple cider and snacks and go drive around for hours!  That would be so fun OMG.
Lately Ty and I have been loving to get all bundled up and go for a walk in the neighborhood.  That's another fun way to see all the lights.

3. Go to the mall!  Now this for some of you may sound crazy...BUT hear me out.  Some malls, mainly just the outdoor malls, do really cool displays and set ups for Christmas and I honestly think it's fun to just walk around and window shop.  I love the crowds at Christmas. LOL.  I just love the holiday feeling I guess.

4. B A K E!  Yes.  Baking.  It's a must this time of year.  I really like making things from scratch and making a huge mess in my kitchen.  HAH!  I really like to make sugar cookies and use my cute vintage Christmas cookie cutters and then frost them and decorate them!  Also getting creative with different types of cookies or cakes.  There are endless amounts of recipes online.  Pinterest is honestly probably the best place to look. (:

5. Wrap gifts.  I loveeee wrapping gifts.  I love to make everything look cute and perfect.  LOL.  Like getting creative with the ribbons and adding little things to spruce up the packaging.  I mean who doesn't love to unwrap something?!  Try checking out your local craft store or honestly even a dollar store for some cute bells or pinecones to decorate the gifts.  It will make it look like you spent hours on wrapping. (;

6. Go to a Christmas tree farm.  I LOVE to do this!  Who am I kidding...I love to do all of these things.  But even if you aren't buying a tree, you can still go look...and smell.  UGH.  Literally my fave smell ever ever ever.  Even just going and buying a super tiny cute tree to put by your front door or some garland or a wreath.  Real Christmas trees can be very expensive...Ty and I just bought our FIRST real tree together which was sooo exciting but it cost us $50+!  And it's like 5 feet tall.  So we really had to cram all our ornaments on there and it wasn't even all of them!  But it was a really fun outing and it makes our house feel so festive and smells incredible.

7. Go to the snow!  Nothing says winter like the snow does.  We live in California which means we are so close to the snow.  It's just a drive away!  And honestly you can just go for the day..or rent a cute little cabin for a weekend!  I like going sledding and Nordic skiing (which is like flat skiing).  The major snow sports give me really bad anxiety!  I know how to ski and I recently took a snowboarding course but I am not great at either. 

8. Crafting.  I love crafting in December because you can honestly make some really nice handmade gifts for friends and loved ones!  Wether it be making candles, body scrubs, jewelry or a big cozy blanket.  There are so many cute craft ideas out there too...again I recommend checking Pinterest for some inspiration.  I have a entire Pinterest board called 'DIY' that gives me so many cute ideas!

9. Make a fire!  If you have a fireplace, make a cozy fire, put on some Christmas tunes, get into your cozy gear and make a batch of hot coco.  I love to just look at fires.  It's therapeutic for me and I think they are so beautiful.  But putting on some comfy holiday pjs and making yummy hot coco and just sitting there by the warmth with my man sounds sooo nice.

10. Track Santa.  This was one of my FAVE things to do when I was a kid.  If you have children, you need to do this with them on Christmas Eve.  It's a must.  This website is called 'Norad' and it is a Santa tracker!  It is so cool.  It shows you exactly where Santa is flying on Christmas Eve!  I cannot wait to have children just so I can share the magic of Santa and Christmas with them.  (:

I hope reading this inspired some of you to go out and do something fun this holiday season!
Happy Holidays!

xoxox
C

Comments

  1. I LOVE all of these things, too! Great traditions to carry on with your own little family one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!