3 QUICK & EASY LAST MINUTE EASTER TREAT RECIPES!!!

Hellllllooo everyone!!!  So nice that it's the weekend.  (:  Makes me so so happy.  ANDDD I am super excited for Easter tomorrow!!!  This post consists of 3 quick & easy sweet treat recipes!!!  These are all perfect for Easter/Spring and are honestly toooo adorable.

***Disclaimer:  I did not come up with these recipes.  Although I did tweak them to make them vegan/dairy free.***

The first one is a delicious (dairy free) dark & white chocolate sprinkle cookie recipe!!!  First things first, the ingredients!

~1 1/8 cup Flour
~1/2 tsp Baking Soda
~1/4 tsp salt
~1/4 cup + 2 tbsp shortening
~2 tbsp canola oil
~1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
~1/4 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
~1 1/2 tbsp almond milk
~3/4 tsp vanilla
~However much dark chocolate you want (:
~A good handful white chocolate m&ms
~A nice pinch of Easter Sprinkles



You are going to want to go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  In a small bowl, add your flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside. 


Next thing you will want to do is in a separate bowl (or mixer) place your shortening, oil & sugar and combine until a creamy consistency.  I used my hand mixer.


Once that is completely mixed, add your milk and vanilla to that bowl.


Once combined, slowly add your flour mixture to the bowl.  Next!  You will want to chop your chocolate bar up unless you are using chips.  Either is completely fine.  Then add your sprinkles & m&ms.  Fold all together with a wooden spoon.




Isn't it pwetty?!  Next line a baking sheet with some wax paper and scoop tablespoon amounts of dough onto the pan and bake for 9-11 minutes.  Mine cooked for 11 and they turned out perfect!


And they are done!


The next recipe is these fluffy pink vanilla mini donuts!!  I have to say that I love having this little donut maker!  I got it at a garage sale for $2....I mean, COME ON!  Haha.  


If you don't have one of these, those little donut baking sheets I think will do as well.  I just think that everyone needs this little machine in their life.  (:

Ingredients!

For the donuts:

~1/2 cup + 1 tbsp of almond milk
~2 tbsps of honey
~1 1/2 cup flour
~1 1/2 tsp baking powder
~1/2 tsp salt
~6 tbsps of vegan butter (room temp.)
~1/2 cup sugar
~1 large egg
~1 tbsp vanilla
~Food coloring! (I used red)
~Rainbow sprinkles

For the icing:

I honestly just poured some powdered sugar in a small bowl, with a dash of almond milk and a dash of vanilla.  I like to eye ball this and taste in between that way I can add more vanilla if it needs it or more powdered sugar if it is too runny, etc.



Go ahead and plug in your donut maker or pre heat your oven to 350 degrees F.  In a small bowl, combine your milk and honey and set aside.


Grab a second bowl, and mix your flour, baking powder and your salt together and set aside.



Next you will want to get a large bowl and add your butter and sugar and use a hand mixer to combine until fluffy.  Now go ahead and add your egg.



At this point you are going to want to alternate between adding your dry ingredients to the egg mixture and your milk mixture to the egg.  Just do bit by bit until fully combined.


You then will go ahead and add your food coloring, (I did about 5 drops of red) vanilla and your sprinkles, then mix!



My batter turned out like this.  I know it looks nasty, but it's way cuter than it looks.  Then just pour a small bit into your donut maker and close the lid and let them cook until that little green light comes on.  If they seem too doughy, you can close the lid and let them cook for a little bit longer continuing to check on them until you get the texture you want. (:

Now for the icing!  As I stated above, just put it all into a small bowl and mix until combined with a fork.  I have a cooking paintbrush that I used to apply to icing right on top of the donuts almost immediately when I took them out because when they are hot, the icing will seep in and then they are nice and moist.  Lol.  And lastly, at the very last second I decided to throw some Easter sprinkles right on the top.



YAY!!  Who doesn't love donuts?!


The last recipe is probably my favorite...these are yellow cake cupcakes with vanilla frosting and a peep surprise. :D

Cake ingredients:

~3 eggs
~2 1/4 cup flour
~3 1/2 tsp baking powder
~1 1/2 cup sugar
~1 tsp salt
~1 tbsp vanilla
~1/8 cup canola oil
~1 stick of vegan butter (softened)
~1 1/4 cup almond milk

As for the icing & toppings, I bought them all pre-made; two colors of peeps, cadbury white chocolate mini-eggs, pillsbury vanilla icing, Easter sprinkles & food coloring.


Let's begin the cake...Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees F.  Place the softened butter into a bowl and use a mixer or hand mixer to blend.  Go ahead and add all your dry ingredients to the butter mixture.



Once combined, add your wet ingredients to that same bowl and mix!



When done with that, line your cupcake pans with little holders and pour mixture into each cup.


Bake for around 20-25 minutes.  Mine took the entire 25 minutes but be sure to check them every now and then with a tooth pick.  You don't want these to be gooey.


Once these have fully cooled...you will want them to be fully cooled...we are going to cut out a small hole in the center of each cake.  I used a spoon to make my outline, and then a sharp knife to cut it out.  Be sure not to cute too deep because the center of these cakes hold a surprise!


Now in that little hole, we are going to add a small amount of the Easter sprinkles and then place a mini egg right on top.




Now comes the icing!  I wanted to make mine a pastel green so I spooned out some frosting into a bowl and added a few drops of green food coloring and then just mixed it all together until it was the green I wanted.



Go ahead and gently frost each cake and dash the top with some green sprinkles.  Once done, place a peep on the top.  And that's it!  How cute right?!




TADA!!!  See?  These are not that difficult.  And if you were to bring these to any occasion, all your friends and family will be super impressed.  (:  I hope you guys liked this post and hope that you all have an amazing/safe Easter Sunday.  Love you guys and please let me know if you recreate any of these adorable treats!

Ps, those orange things are the carrot bubble bars from LUSH that I showed in a previous post.  No I did not make those and no they are not to eat.  Just for decoration. (:





Talk to you soon!

xoxo


























Comments

  1. Great job Charlotte! So proud of you little master baker you! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!