PERFECT CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES FOR SANTA!!!

Hi everyone!!!!!  ONLY 4 MORE DAYSSSSS OMG!!!
As you can see, I am not excited for Christmas at all. (:
This post is one of my all time favorite sugar cookie recipes and they are literally so delicious.  I am eating one while I type.  LOL

I love that when they bake, they don't spread and the icing is so simple yet so yummy.

Let's get started!

You will need:
~1 cup of butter softened
~1 cup of white sugar
~1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1/4 teaspoon almond extract
~1 egg
~2 teaspoons baking powder
~3 cups of flour + more for when you roll out the dough
~powdered sugar
~milk

(This recipe yields approximately 30 cookies-that's how many I made-but feel free to double if need be!)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two-three baking sheets with parchment paper.


In a bowl or in your mixer, mix your sugar and butter together.


Then add in your egg and extracts.


In a separate bowl, sift your flour and baking powder together.


Slowly add your dry to your wet and mix until it looks like this.  Yes it is crumbly looking but as soon as you form a ball, it sticks together.


Flour a surface so that you can roll out your dough!  I did my dough in sections only because I don't have a lot of room to work with in my kitchen and I used my cute little vintage christmas cookie cutters!


Pop these babies into the oven for 6-8 minutes.  I like to take mine out at 6 because I like mine soft.


For the icing, honestly I just threw together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.  I added more powdered sugar if it was too runny.  So I suggest just wingin' it.  LOL.


I separated my icing so that I could make two colors and viola!  I also recommend to let them sit for a little bit before eating only because the icing needs to set. (:

I hope you guys recreate this recipe and leave me a comment down below saying that you tried them!  You can also tag me on instragram: charlotterudd

Talk soon!
xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!