HEALTHY & DAIRY FREE LEMON DONUT RECIPE!!!

Hello again!!!  Today I wanted to share a super yummy recipe with you that Tyler and I like to make on Sundays every now and then as a little sweet treat. (:

**DISCLAIMER** : I did not come up with this recipe.  I did find it on Pinterest but I did my own tweaks.

First things first you need some ingredients!!

For the dough:

~1/2 cup + 1 tblsp almond milk
~2 tblsp of honey (any kind will do)
~1 & 1/2 cup of flour
~1 & 1/2 tsp of baking powder
~1/2 tsp salt
~6 tblsp of vegan butter (room temperature)
~1/2 cup of sugar
~1 large egg 
~Zest of 1 large lemon (I used 2 small ones)
~A splashh of vanilla extract

For the icing:

~The juice from the lemon you zested
~1 & 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
~Splash of vanilla extract

Now let's get into it!!


Put your milk and honey in a small dish and whisk those together until combined.


In a small bowl, put your flour, salt and baking powder in to combine.

I forgot to photograph my butter in the ingredient photo. (:

In a large bowl, put your butter and sugar in to mix with a hand mixer.

If you don't have a hand mixer, a whisk should be ok it just might take you a while. (:

Add in your egg, zest and the vanilla.  I hope you all have a better zester than I do cause I could barely get any!

At this point you are going to want to alternate the milk and flour mixture until it's all fully combined!


If you have a donut maker, heat it on up!  And if you don't, well you better get one cause it's amazing.  The little donut pans should be ok too you will just have to bake them in the oven instead. (:

Using a big spoon, pour some batter into the maker!

Voila!

Here is what your icing should look like.  Just combine all the ingredients together with a fork

I like to let my donuts cool down before applying the icing.  I used a cooking paintbrush to paint it on but you can easily just dunk them in.

And here is the finished delectable Sunday breakfast! :D

YUM!!  Seriously so so good!  If you guys end up recreating this recipe, please let me know how it goes and post a photo on instagram or twitter and tag me in it!

Hope you guys had an amazing weekend and a great start to the week!

Bye for now, xoxo

Comments

  1. This is awesome, Char! Now I'm going to be on the lookout for a donut maker myself 😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!