CHRISTMAS HOT CAKE RECIPE & SUNDAY FUNDAY!!!!

Hi guys!!!!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine sure went by toooo fast.  I am sad that it's monday today.  :/
BUT I have a fun post for today!  I will be sharing my "Japanese style hot cake" (pancake) recipe that I made a little festive and also sharing what Tyler and I did yesterday!

First, I want to start with the recipe!  So let's get into what ingredients you will need....

~2 large eggs
~3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp almond milk
~1 tsp vanilla extract
~1 2/3 cup flour
~1 3/4 tsp baking powder 
~3 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
~Canola spray (if you need)
~red food coloring
~green food coloring


These for the toppings.  (: 

First you will want to combine your wet ingredients in a bowl and your dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Then combine the two with a wooden spoon and let the batter sit for around 15 minutes to thicken.





After the batter has thickened, you will want to separate the batter in half and then add your food coloring!


Then the only thing to do is to heat a skillet, pan or griddle and cook!


These don't take too long to cook so make sure you keep your eyes on them!


Then all that's left is to put butter on and dust with powdered sugar and brown sugar.

Kitty wants some too!



Of course I was playing my favorite Christmas playlist from Pandora while eating.

Please let me know if you try this recipe.  Keep in mind that they are "hot cakes".  A little bit different than actual pancakes.  A lot more dense and rich, but delicious!!!!


Like I have said before, I always look forward to Sunday's.  It's my only free day and I get to spend the whole day with Ty.  So today we went to some thrift stores!  If you are ever in the SF area, you have to check out the store "STUFF" in the Mission district.  We then went to one of my favorite bakeries called "Tartine" which is also a spot that you have to go to for literally the BEST croissants ever.  We then returned home and I made us some late lunch and we watched a Christmas film!!










This is for you mom. (:










UGH I literally wanted everything in this store!  I wish.

(excuse my wrist wrap)  My favorite food everrrrrrrr.  It was also storming outside and it was amazing.

I made a creamy polenta with pan fried potatoes and brussel sprouts with avocado, arugula and salt on top with a hint of sriracha.  YUM!


I love to end the day snuggling on the couch with the tree lights on and a Christmas film.


Ps. This was our dinner the other night. My gosh it was good. 



What was your favorite part of the weekend?!  Let me know in the comments.

xoxox





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!