THE BEST HEALTHY/DAIRY FREE DARK CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD EVER!!!

Hi everyone!  HAPPY MONDAY! :)  I'm sorry for not posting in a while....have been busy and honestly haven't done anything very exciting. lol.

BUT!! Today I will be sharing an amazing recipe that you will probably end up using again and again.

Fairly easy and straight forward...just make sure to follow the instructions. (:

Ingredients you will need:

~1 cup of sugar
~2 tblsp of vegetable shortening
~2 eggs
~3 tblsp of sour milk (if you do not have, just put 3 tblsp of almond milk into a small bowl and add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and let that sit for a minute or two, and there you have your sour milk!)
~1 tsp baking soda
~1 tsp salt
~1 tsp baking powder
~2 cups of flour
~3 brown bananas (mashed)
~1-2 tsp vanilla extract
~1/2-1 cup of dark chocolate chips/shavings (depending on how much chocolate you want.)


First!  You will want to preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.  This recipe can make 1 loaf or 12 muffins and then have a little leftover.

You are going to need only 1 large bowl to mix everything in (which is nice and easy cleanup!), so first cream together the sugar and shortening with a fork.

Once you have fluffed as much as you could with the fork, go ahead and add the eggs, sour milk, baking soda, salt, baking powder and flour all to that mixture and combine with a wooden spoon.  Yes a wooden spoon.  You want it to form a thick batter.  And yes your arm may hurt but honey, it is sooooo worth it.  (:

What I like to do is if I ever buy bananas and then don't eat them in time before they go brown, I will just freeze the brown ones!  These are perfect for this recipe.  I went ahead and defrosted them for a bit in the microwave and then they just slipped out of their peel into the bowl.  ( I know that sounds really nasty and let me tell yah, when you're doing that part, it feels and looks nasty too!)  Then go ahead and add the vanilla and your chocolate chips or shavings.  I just chopped about 1 small bar into small shavings.


COMBINE!!! SO EASY!!!  I then went ahead and greased my baking pans and scooped in the batter.  If you are making a loaf, it will take anywhere from 55-65 minutes to bake but keep your eyes on it and check it with a tooth pick.  My muffins and small heart took exactly 30 minutes and they were perfect.




I hope this was easy for guys and please let me know if you make them!  This is Tyler's moms recipe and we absolutely love it.  I hope you guys have a great great week and look out in the next couple days for another post on an amazing app that everyone should download! :D

TTFN!!
(omg remember when we all used to use AIM?! LOL)

xoxo




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

CHRISTMAS & NEW YEARS!!!