3 DELICIOUS HEALTHY/VEGAN PUMPKIN TREAT RECIPES!!!

Hi guys!!!  It's Fall which means....pumpkin....is....everywhere.  lol.  This is the ONLY time of the year that I actually eat anything pumpkin.  Yes these recipes are vegan...BUT Ty and I do eat eggs so for those of you who don't, just go ahead and substitute them to what you prefer.

I love Sundays.  Probably because it's usually my only day off during the week.  I love to wake up on Sunday mornings and bake!  So this post is 3 simple healthy/vegan treats that include pumpkin.  YUM!!!

**DISCLAIMER...I did not come up with any of these recipes.  I found them all on Pinterest.  You will be able to find them saved to my Pinterest page**
(Although I did make a couple of my own tweaks (: )

You all know that I have the biggest obsession with donuts...sooooo the first recipe is some vegan pumpkin cinnamon sugar donuts!

This recipe takes very little time and in my donut maker, it made around 9 donuts.  If you have a donut pan, it should make about 6.  Feel free to double the recipe!

Here is what you will need to make these delicious little sweet treats!




For the dough:
1 cup + 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil,  melted
1/2 cup almond milk
A dash of vanilla

For the sugar topping:
3 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon

Step one: In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.  And in a separate smaller bowl, combine your wet ingredients.


Step two: Go ahead and pour your wet into the dry slowly while mixing it.  Yes it will be thick and sticky.

Step three: Make sure your donut mixer is plugged in and ready to go.  Go ahead and spray it with non stick spray.  Begin to pour in your dough and bake away!



Step four: Let your donuts cool on a cooling rack for just a minute, then dip in your butter or oil, and then roll in the sugar mixture (Just mix the cinnamon and sugar together.)




Step five: EAT THEM ALL!

I hope you guys recreate these and yes I know they are vegan, but seriously they are DELISH!  Let me know if you do and if you like them!

For the second recipe, I made my own little concoction of Pumpkin French Toast!

Super simple and really quick!  I literally don't even measure anything out I sort of just throw it all in a bowl.  Here is what you will need!


So all you need to do is crack in 3 eggs (I used 3 because it's a recipe for two people), I think I poured about 1/3 cup of milk and 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree in.  I also added some cinnamon and vanilla.  Stir away!


Next you are going to want to either preheat a pan or a griddle.  I have this awesome plug in griddle that I used.  Go ahead and dip your bread (both sides) into the mixture and plop on the griddle or pan!     Keep flipping until you feel that they are to your liking.

And lastly, set your table, make your coffee, get out your toppings, sit down and enjoy.  (:  I like all my morning breakfasts simple.  Just butter and powdered sugar.


The last recipe is Pumpkin scones!  Here is what you will need!



For the dough:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I didn't have any so I just used cinnamon)
1/3 cup coconut oil (solid) or 5 tbsp vegan butter (cold and cubed)
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
3 tbsp almond milk (divided)
1 egg
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup

For the white icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp almond milk
A little bit of brown sugar to sprinkle over the top

For the maple glaze:
1 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp maple syrup
around 1/2 cup of powdered sugar

First go ahead and preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.  Then in a large bowl mix your dry ingredients. 

Next add your chunks of butter and use your hands to mix.  It's a bit messy but using your hands (I think) is the best way to get it to the right mixture.  You want the butter to become smaller pea sized bits.



Once that is done, set it aside.  Grab another bowl and mix your wet ingredients together but only use 2 out of the 3 tbsp of milk.  Once that is through, mix with your dry with a wooden spoon until it is well combined.  Don't over mix.





Flour a cutting board or hard surface and plop your dough out onto that.  Dough will be sticky!  Just make sure you have flour on hand (:  Roll out your dough to how ever thick you would like.  Then either use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut the shapes that you want.  Place those on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and brush them with the last tbsp of milk.

While those are cooking off, start your icings!  Literally, just put the exact ingredients in a bowl and mix vigorously with a fork.  DONE!  lol

Bake them for about 15-17 minutes.  I think mine were around 16.  Once cooled a little bit, place them on a cooling rack with something underneath so that it's an easier clean up (:


Now you are ready to ice them!  I started with my white glaze.  Just spoon a good amount over the top then sprinkle with brown sugar and let those sit for about 10 minutes.  You want to try to let the icing set/harden.

After about 10 minutes, I went in with another spoon and drizzled the maple glaze all over.  Then I let those sit for a little bit to try and harden as well but I really couldn't wait.

Next you can relax and enjoy them with a cup of joe or tea!


I really hope you guys enjoyed this post and please recreate them!!!  Tag me on instagram or twitter if you do and let me know in the comments down below what your favorite fall treat is!

Talk soon!

xoxo


Comments

  1. I need to try some (or all) of these! They look amazing, Char! Great pics, too! 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!