MY TOP 5 HEALTHY SKIN TIPS!!!
It's official!!! I have graduated beauty school! :D Soooo happy but now I have to wait to take my big test in order to get my actual license. So todays post is 5 of my top skincare tips that I wanted to share with you guys! I hope you enjoy! (:
1. DRINK WATER! This is a big one. Drinking water helps flush everything out and keeps your skin looking refreshed and hydrated. I know we all like to have our soda and coffee which is fine on OCCASION but not every day. If we leave out water and replace it with coffee and soda, our skin becomes dull and you will see and feel it. Sometimes I realize that I go a day without drinking water. That's SO bad! Heres what I want you to do: take your weight, divide it by two, then divide that number by two. That is how many eight ounce glasses of water you SHOULD be drinking every single day. Mine comes out to about nine, eight ounce glasses. That's a lot...and I know for a fact that I don't drink this much. OOps.
2. EAT YOUR FRUITS AND GREENS! It's really important to have lots of fruits and veggies in your diet. Not only for your actual body health, but for your skins health too! Eating too much dairy or greasy foods can cause your skin to produce an excess amount of oil and can create breakouts and congestion.
3. WASH YOUR FACE! I am so tired of hearing people say that they are too lazy or don't have time. BULLS**T! Lol. Everyone must wash their face twice a day....morning and night. No excuses! Especially men. Why do they think they don't need to wash their face?! Are you guys too cool? There is no difference between men and women when it comes to face cleansing. It is true that everyone has different skin and may need to use different product, but it's not true that "only women need to wash their face." Did you know that at night, when we are asleep, dust and dirt fall onto our skin and whatever was left on our face from the day before gets fully absorbed by the skin on our face? So if you decide to not wash your face at night before bed, all of your makeup and dirt and oil/sweat will get absorbed when you are asleep. Maybe that's why you're breaking out or have blackheads. I am not saying that everyone has to have a 20 step regime but I just want to make sure that people understand the importance of cleansing the face. Now there is more that goes along with cleansing; like exfoliating and moisturizing and toning. If any of you have questions regarding that or want me to do a post talking about why each thing is beneficial for everyone and some product lines that I recommend, let me know! I would be happy to write that for you guys.
4. WASH YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES/PILLOW CASES! I personally have been having some issues with my skin lately and thought hard about what could be causing it. I use the same makeup brushes pretty much every day and if I keep my makeup caked on them, that can certainly cause some activity to arise on my face. Same goes for pillow cases. Sometimes during the night we can sweat or if we have oilier hair, it can all get trapped in our pillows and we sleep on that every night and if we ARE washing our faces and then putting them on our dirty pillow cases, that totally defeats the purpose of us cleaning our skin! I also have two adorable little nugget kitties that are constantly walking around my head during the night and during the day they like to sleep on my pillows which can also cause them to become dirty. So consider washing your brushes and pillows about once or twice a week.
5. VISIT A SKINCARE PROFESSIONAL! I think it's soooo beneficial to see an esthetician once a month just to have someone who knows what they're talking about take a look at your skin. I am a little biased though considered that I am now a certified esthetician. (: But it's seriously worth it! Also if you would like someone (I know this is gross) to extract any congestion or blackheads go see someone! Maybe when I get a job in a salon/spa or office, I will see some of you myself!
I hope you guys found this post informative and helpful and seriously if you have any questions about anything skincare related, let me know! Either in the comments or email me at: email@example.com
Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!