DIY PERFECT VALENTINES & BREAKFAST!!!

Helllllooooo!!!!  Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Todays post I will be sharing one of my all time FAVE recipes and some really cute little DIY valentine coupons that you can make for that special someone this weekend. (:

All I did was some research on some reaaally cute/cheesy valentines and printed them out, cut them and then hand wrote some "coupons" for my man (ps: I did these coupons last year).





You can do as many or as few as you want.  I obviously went overboard.  LOL
And don't be afraid to get creative with it too!  Not gonna lie, it was a little difficult to have to come up with some but I think they are so cute and fun!  (& Ty definitely got a kick out of them too)

As for breakfast, you can always do breakfast in bed...or big buffet style breakfast, whatever you want!  This recipe is for a "Dutch Baby".  If you have never had one of these, well hop to it because they are amazing!  Imagine a cross between a pancake and a crepe.  SERIOUSLY SO GOOD!  I will be honest, this recipe could feed two if you are going to make other things with it, but I just like to eat the whole thing myself. :D

This recipe could also not be any easier so it's your lucky day.

Here is what you will need!

~3 eggs
~a dash of salt
~a good dash of vanilla
~1/2 cup of milk (I use almond)
~1/2 cup flour
~1-2 tbsp of butter (mine is vegan)



First, go ahead and preheat your oven to 450 degrees F & place a cast iron pan in there while it's preheating.  I have two cast irons and I went ahead and used my smaller one.  If you don't have a cast iron, GO GET ONE!  They are seriously amazing.  But anyway just go ahead and use something similar to that (hopefully you have something similar).  
Next, combine all of your wet ingredients together.  Then add your salt & flour.  MIX!  Tadaaaa!  You have your batter.  Was that so difficult?







Once your oven is preheated and your batter is done, pop that butter into the cast iron that is in the oven and then let that butter melt in there for like a minute or so.



Once is has melted all the way, take out the pan and carefully pour the batter in.  Then pop it into the oven for about 15-20 depending on how done you like it.  I cook mine for 17 and it's crispy with a little doughyness to it. (:




Once it's done, take it out and watch it deflate!  Yes it puffs up and looks massive and scary but it will deflate.  It actually ends up being quite thin, like a crepe.



You can now cut it into fours or just transfer the whole thing onto a plate and add whatever toppings you like!  I loveee to put powdered sugar and some fresh berries on mine with a side of delicious coffee.



This recipe is so fun and can seriously make you look like you worked super hard on it.  I really hope that you guys use this recipe and I would love to see how you spice it up or change it to what you like!  Send me pictures on twitter or tag me on instagram or even comment down below!

Enjoy your Valentine's day wether you are celebrating with your lover, your dog or Netflix.  Treat yourself to something nice because you deserve it. (:

Ty and I are going up to the mountains and will be snapping away!  Will share soon!

xoxox
C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

OUR 9 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!