VEGAN MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE SNICKER DOODLES!!!

Hi guys!!  So this is a bit of a different post for me so I want to see how you guys like it.  Tyler and I have been trying to transition into becoming slightly vegan...so this post is going to be a delicious and easy cookie recipe!

DISCLAIMER:  I did not come up with this recipe,,,I got this off of pinterest (:

First of all you are going to need some ingredients:




For the sugar topping you will need: 
~1/3 cup sugar
~1 teaspoon cinnamon

For the dough you will need: 
~1/2 cup canola oil
~1 cup sugar
~1/4 cup maple syrup (recipe calls for 100% pure maple, but you can really use any maple syrup)
~3 tablespoons almond milk (or any non-dairy milk will work)
~1 teaspoon vanilla extract
~1 teaspoon chocolate extract (or just add another vanilla if you do not have chocolate)
~1 & 2/3 cup flour
~1/2 cup cocoa powder
~1 teaspoon baking soda
~1/4 teaspoon salt
~1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
~1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)


First thing you wanna do is combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping in a small bowl or small plate and set aside.

At this point, you can go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees & line two baking sheets with some parchment paper.

Next you want to combine the oil, sugar, syrup and milk with a fork in a medium to large sized bowl until it looks like this:
And then add in your extracts & mix.

Next thing you want to do is slowly add in all of your dry ingredients.  Once adding bit by bit, you want to mix in-between.  I would suggest using a mixer (I used my small hand mixer).  Dough will be sticky/thick and it should look something like this: 


Next comes the fun part of forming the dough into small balls that fit into your palm.  Roll the dough to form a small ball and then press the ball until flat, onto the sugar topping.  Then you want to place the dough, sugar side up, onto your baking sheets.  
(I added some white chocolate chips because they are my favorite!  You can do this too if you would like.) 


(These ones did not have a sugar topping and also have white chocolate added.)


You then want to bake these for 10-12 minutes and you will want to look out for a crackly top, like this:



Then I suggest that you move your cookies carefully over to a cooling rack (if you don't have one, no problem) and wait til they are at the perfect temperature to eat!!


I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know in the comments if you want me to do more recipe posts like this one!!!

Have fun trying these!

Charlotte








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 THINGS TO DO DURING THE FESTIVE SEASON...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

10 YEARS TOGETHER & WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

MY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!!!

MY TOP 5 HEALTHY SKIN TIPS!!!